Technician - Controls 2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Montgomery, AL 36108
Division: [[Deep South]]
Department : [[Maintenance]]
Job Location : [[Montgomery]]
Other Potential Locations : [[None]]
Summary Job Statement
The Controls Technician 2 position supports the safe and efficient production of products by ensuring the plant electrical, instrumentation and equipment control systems are operating at peak performance, utilizing state of the art technology to troubleshoot, repair and monitor equipment and processes. Lead continuous improvement activities to support sustainable reliability and increased efficiency.
- Plan, coordinate and perform electrical & instrumentation related maintenance activities, including routine corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, equipment and system improvements
- Perform routine instrument calibration and corrective/preventive maintenance on instrument equipment and control systems. Duties include calibration of temperature, pressure, level, flow and analytical devices
- Install, program, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and service programmable logic controllers, variable frequency drives and electrical support systems
- Maintain detailed documentation of all plant electrical & control systems, instrument calibration records and related data
- Support team members on all aspects of the operation, provide coaching, mentoring and training to other technicians and team members
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to ensure plant maintains a high level of efficiency and reliability
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Related certification preferred.
- Must have at least five (5) years experience with electronic instrumentation, variable frequency drives and logic control systems. Must have experience troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating various types of electronic and pneumatic instrumentation devices. Must have experience troubleshooting, repairing and developing PLC and HMI programs. Must have experience with network and data management systems. Must have experience with Allen Bradley hardware and Rockwell hardware.
- Must be able to Read and Speak English.
- Must be skilled at teaching other mechanics.
- Additional duties as assigned
Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)
Coca-Cola Bottling Company UNITED, Inc. “An EEO/AAP Employer (M/F/D/V)”
CCBCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.