Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35209
Department: Finance and Accounting
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Up to 10%
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
Buffalo Rock is an award-winning Pepsi-Cola Bottler founded in Birmingham, AL, more than 100 years ago. The Staff Accountant position is a key member of the Financial Team. The Staff Accountant is responsible for the preparation, examination and analysis of assigned company accounting records, financial statement preparation and analysis, and any other financial reports to assess the accuracy, completeness, and conformance to the Company’s reporting and procedural standards. In addition, this position will be responsible for handling other accounting, financial or administrative duties as deemed appropriate from time to time.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Learn the functionality of the company’s financial management systems (Oracle and VIP).
- Assist with month and year end financial statement review.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts (cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable, etc.) in the applicable subsidiary ledger to the applicable summary level account in the general ledger.
- Reconcile various access database details to the general ledger.
- Prepare and post standard journal entries.
- Distribute monthly financial reports.
- Prepare year end audit work papers and schedules; assist auditors with their inquiries.
- Maintain credit card and EFT payment files.
- Maintain various financial analysis spreadsheets.
Property Tax Administration
- Prepare property tax returns (Alabama, Florida, Georgia) for timely filing.
- Assist with the resolution of any property tax filing and payment issues with the applicable tax jurisdiction.
- Prepare annual accrual for property tax liabilities.
Sales, Use and Rental Tax Administration
- Prepare and file sales, use and rental tax returns for the Company.
- Prepare changes to the sales and use tax codes in the Company sales (VIP), leasing (VMMS) and payables (Oracle) systems.
- Prepare reconciliations of the balance in the sales, use and rental tax subsidiary ledger(s) to the summary level account in the general ledger.
- Assist daily with cash flow management.
Responsible for continuous self-improvement through the knowledge and use of all Company and Division provided training i.e. interactive web-based training, facilitated group training, video-on-demand, on-the-job training, individual or group coaching, or any other company provided method.
Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Ethical -… For full info follow application link.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.