Operations: Roastings Utility (R2), Roaster / Grin
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Birmingham, AL 35217
Operations: Roastings Utility (R2), Roaster / Grinder Trainee
Operations: Production & Quality Control
Royal Cup, Inc. is the proven leader in sourcing, roasting, blending and providing high-quality coffees and fine teas since 1896 and is the chosen partner for restaurants, hotels, offices and commuters across the country.
We are a family-owned business rooted in a longstanding tradition of coffee roasting excellence who takes pride in our unparalleled dedication to customer care.
Royal Cup Coffee offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. On top of being a part of a well caffeinated team, the benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, company paid disability, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Account plan, and paid vacation. Tuition reimbursement plan includes up to 80% reimbursement per company criteria. Ongoing trainings designed to provide maximum success for our employees is offered.
The Roasting Utility, Roaster / Grinder Trainee will be responsible for, among other duties:
- Assembling and filling super-sacks for super-sack customers. This will include the completion of production paperwork, taking roast samples to the lab, re-gassing, re-bagging, and performing final tie down, transportation to the warehouse and preparation/loading for delivery.
- Assisting during the production of Roasting and Grinding Coffee and monitoring the grinding process, assembling and filling super-sacks, and transporting product to the designated area.
- Maintaining the processes for filling, adding back, and routing of ground super-sacks that need to be prepared and routed for packaging.
- Learn and demonstrating achievement of competency in the basic operations for all roasters. Demonstration of said competency will include accessing/reviewing blends/profiles, color checks, end temperature adjustments, coffee routing to offline and bag off, emergency procedures and completion of all required paperwork associated with these processes.
- Learn and demonstrating achievement of competency in the basic operations for all grinders. Demonstration of said competency will include pulling up coffee, starting and checking a grind, routing and moving coffee, emergency procedures, and completion of all required paperwork associated with these processes.
- Maintaining all required sanitation duties associated to R2 Utility functions/tasks.
- Providing backup coverage for the R-1, R-2, & R-3 positions if/as needed.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and guidelines.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and/or equivalent (ie. GED).
- Must have the ability to work well with a variety of people and take initiative, showing self-motivation in working independently (at times with little to no supervision) with organization, good communication skills and a very strong work ethic.
- Must be able to perform grinding functions and coffee movement within 90 days of start date of training to be successful.
- Must be able to perform all roasting and grinding duties within 1 year of start date of training to be successful.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and work under pressure.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed to fill in for other employees in the area and/or events that may drive overtime at the spur of the moment.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must be able to Multitask.
- Must have at least basic… For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.