Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Jackson, AL 36545
Jackson, AL 36545, USA Req .#2684
Monday, January 27, 2020
People * Customers * Trust
At Packaging Corporation of America (PCA), we think of ourselves as more than a box manufacturer. We are an ideas and solutions company. We seek to be the leader in helping our customers – large and small – package, transport and display products of all kinds. It just happens to be that corrugated products are our area of expertise.
At PCA, you’ll find the best people in the industry operating in a “golden rule” culture. We actively promote mutually rewarding relationships with each other and our customers by advocating respect for every individual, ethical and fair practices, and the highest standards in what we say and do. PCA is proud to have a highly skilled and experienced team leading the way.
As one of the largest producers of containerboard and corrugated packaging products in the U.S., PCA offers customers broad expertise and economies of scale, while our multiple plant locations let us rapidly meet the local needs of our customers.
We are looking for applicants for E&I Mechanic in our Jackson, AL Mill.
- Ensuring proper operation of all electrical/control system components including electronic components, motors, solenoids, limit switches, programmable logic control (PLC) I/O modules and photo-eye sensors
- Troubleshooting, problem solving and resolving issues at machine centers and throughout the production facility
- Performing high level electrical audits and adjustments per original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of electrical and instrumentation maintenance within the facility
- Mentoring and sharing knowledge with other technicians on maintenance and troubleshooting of PLCs, instrumentation, and controls
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance to ensure quality and production goals are met
- Applying all applicable codes, regulations, reliability strategies, corporate and OEM standards
- Working with the Maintenance team to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
- Reviewing, developing and/or modifying work orders for all plant equipment
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Ability and willingness to work shift work and weekends
- High School diploma or GED.
- Five years electrical and instrument experience at the journeyman level in heavy industry, construction or military. (A two year degree in Industrial Electricity & Instrumentation can be used to meet part of the experience requirements.)
- Strong commitment to safety required.
All Qualified applicants must apply at .
- Pay Type Hourly
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.