Distribution Associate I - MONTEVALLO AND PELHAM
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pelham, AL 35124
The Distribution Associate I is an entry-level position responsible for unloading and verifying inbound shipments as well as picking, loading and sorting outbound shipments in the warehouse.
Essential Job Duties
1. Unloads incoming shipments, checking to ensure correct quantity and labelling matches inbound paperwork.
2. Inspects all inbound shipments for freight damage and reports any damage to appropriate parties.
3. Picks, packs and loads customer orders following established processes.
4. Returns all misplaced and erroneously pulled items to proper bin location.
5. Adheres to published housekeeping responsibilities for designated area.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists in additional housekeeping duties for the department including keeping work areas and all bin locations clear as needed to ensure safety.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Processing inbound/outbound shipments
• Ensuring quality of product picked and loaded for customers
• Upholding inventory accuracy
• Maintaining clean and orderly work environment per safety and housekeeping protocol