Patient Call Center Scheduler
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Decatur, AL 35601
Patient Support/ Scheduling agent communicates with patients via phone to provide a clear overview of the prescribed Diagnostic Test, gathering and verifying required demographic and insurance information, along with scheduling the shipment of the testing device. The position requires knowledge of computers, customer service skills, technology, and telecommunications to perform the required tasks.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Schedule patients for testing using the required applications
2. Answer inbound calls from patients, physician offices and DME companies
3. Placing outbound calls to patients, physician offices and DME companies
4. Obtains and verifies insurance information from the patients
5. Updates patient files with corrected insurance and patient demographics
6. Work incomplete orders, physician updates, device retrievals, possibly lost devices, patient call required from the required applications
7. Process patient payments using the required applications
8. Process and validate test orders received using the required applications
9. Cross-Train in Customer Service, to answer calls as needed