Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dothan, AL 36303
Townsend Building Supply is recruiting for a Delivery Helper / Materials Handler. At Townsend a Delivery Helper is responsible for assisting in the delivery of building materials to customer job sites. Delivery Helpers must maintain a professional image and be courteous to customers at all times. When not assisting with deliveries this position will assist with loading and unloading of lumber and other building materials and maintaining a safe, clean, well-organized warehouse. Hours are M-F 6:30am – 3:30pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Safely and efficiently load and unload building materials onto delivery trucks and on job sites.
• Assist driver in unloading materials safely at job sites.
• Act as ‘spotter’ in assisting driver while reversing or navigating in congested areas.
• Assist driver in housekeeping and maintaining cleanliness of truck.
• Secure load and/or assist driver in securing loads before delivery.
• Assist with pick-up of materials on job sites as necessary.
• At least 18 years old
• High School Diploma or GED
• Able to perform manual labor
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to effectively follow written and verbal instructions
• Basic knowledge of building materials is a plus
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Dedication to safety
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds on a regular basis
• Must be able to walk, stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
• Must be able to pass background and drug tests.
Townsend Building Supply complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.