Technical Configuration Management Specialist/Designer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
i3 is seeking a Technical Configuration Management Specialist/Designer. Candidate will perform configuration management (CM) functions with team member supplied CAD models and corresponding drawings, design/manufacturing specifications in various CAD and neutral formats and Microsoft Office documents (specifications, design reviews, work instructions, etc.) using a standing Solidworks PDM system in accordance with CM policy and government standards for various projects. Control in/out bound project documentation and required deliveries to various i3 departments to maintain traceability. Work with CM team to update CM policy as necessary to accommodate the specific needs of the project and i3. Work with a specialized team to create 3D models and drawings in support of customers for defense system technologies. Support component inspection for qualification, participate in system level integrated project teams (IPTs) for document control and interact with government customers in support of project mission.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Able to create and maintain check lists, graphs, and reports for monitoring checking and tracking requirements.
- Create and modify component and system designs supporting model development and associated fabrication drawings in accordance with program CM policy.
- Assist in the development and review of manufacturing models and drawings meeting ASME Standard formats to support technical data packages.
- Interact with design engineers and mechanical engineering lead in direct support of manufacturing facilities to address design optimization.
- A.S. degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical/aerospace design.
- Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes, ASME and other industry standards, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Drawing Standards for level II and level III Technical Data Packages (TDP’s)
- Experience with SolidWorks, CREO or Inventor CAD software and SolidWorks PDM. Other CAD software and/or PDM experience will be evaluated.
- Demonstrated experience working in product design teams.
- Familiarity with machine shop processes; steel, aluminum and composite machining/manufacturing is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
Business Unit: HDSI
Clearance: Secret Preferred
Location : Location: US-AL-Huntsville