Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Albertville, AL 35950
RainAir Aircraft Services is accepting applications for an experienced Avionics Technician. This is a full time permanent position involving installations and troubleshooting of avionics systems. Hourly rate will depend on experience and certifications.
- Adjust, repair, or replace malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons.
- Assemble components such as switches, electrical controls, and junction boxes, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and/or soldering irons.
- Interpret flight test data in order to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters.
- Assemble prototypes or models of circuits, instruments, and systems so that they can be used for testing.
- Coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Fabricate parts and test aids as required.
- Keep records of maintenance and repair work.