Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Troy, AL 36079
Performs visual inspections on finished product, palletizes parts for movement from production area, ensure compliance with production schedules, safety, and quality standards, maintain clean and safe plant work area, identify maintenance and safety concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Communicate any problem concerning quality to Quality department.
- Communicate any problem concerning production or safety to Lead Operator.
- Operating machines and equipment.
- Discover and solve problems, suggesting solutions that assist in reaching organizational goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to proceed with objectives and instructions with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to discover and solve problems.
- Better than average math skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, part drawings, and procedure manuals.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to work 8 hours shift.
- Ability to operate forklift safely when required.
- Ability to occasionally move up and down steps to access work station.
- Ability to reach and stretch occasionally, correcting product in the pattern forming area.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.