Director of Engineering (YUL0034_COMPANY_1.1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
The Director of Engineering plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities within the organization. Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization’s established policies and objectives. Coordinates, allocates resources, and monitors the total engineering/manufacturing and operations programs, policies and initiatives
• Provide direct Technical support to President/General Manager and interfaces with suppliers/subcontractors
• Provide direct support for ROM and TDEP preparation by analyzing a Statement of Work (SOW), generating a Work Breakdown Structure, Task Analysis, or Integrated Master Schedule
• Lead engineering pursuits in support of Business Development Activities, to include Strategic Planning, Proposal Preparation, Marketing/Support of Tradeshows
• Schedule and aid in price estimates of both labor and material, utilizing a Systems Engineering approach
• Candidate will request labor/cost Impacts from other departments and generate SOW for vendors and subcontractors, Candidate will review department, vendor and contractor quotes for content and accuracy
• Candidate will aid in generation of ROM quotes and correlate assumptions for all stake holders.
• Candidate will help with the creation and refinement of corporate and department level processes and procedures as required
• Candidate will aid in the implementation of these processes and procedures for all programs as required
• Candidate will lead a cross functional matrixed engineering team assigned to programs across the enterprise
This position will direct others and perform exempt level decision making including interviewing, hiring, developing, terminating, performance reviews, and performance corrections. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BA/BS or MS Degree in a science related field
• 15-20 Years of experience in General Engineering, to Include systems integration, electrical, mechanical, avionics, or software engineering disciplines
• Must have previous management experience in a matrix organization
• 15 Years minimum experience In interdepartmental management and customer relations management
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
• MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, CATIA
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.