Plant Technical Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Selma, AL 36701
Preventive Maintenance Procedures
- Ensures failure modes addressed are appropriate.
- Performs cost/benefit analysis to set correct frequency of task (s).
- Job Plans and Job Plan Library
- Ensures that all assets in the EMP have a job plan on file (both proactive and reactive).
Bill of Materials
- Supports the Maintenance Supervisor and Store with availability simulation to verify stores adjustments.
- Alerts stores function when stocking modifications are warranted based on usage and failure analysis.
Engineered Maintenance Strategy
- Responsible for changes to the Equipment Maintenance Plan based on analysis of asset failure data.
- Alerts stores to changes in stocking levels to match changes in task frequency.
Outage/Turn Around Planning
- Ensures use of Condition Monitoring is information included in turn-around the master plan decision making process.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with reliability analysis of proposed equipment modifications
- Makes specific recommendations to improve machinery performance and reliability based on analysis of process and failure data.
- Parts Standardizations
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with reliability analysis of proposed changes.
- Responsible for analysis of spares usage and failure data to determine proper stocking levels based on failure data, usage and simulation modeling of the Engineered Maintenance Strategy.
- Develops and manages the PdM/NDT process for the purpose of the early identification and elimination of asset defects.
- 2nd tier resource for technical assistance
- Responsible for alarm management.
- Responsible to perform statistical analysis on machinery failure data and work order closing codes to determine whether adjustments to the Engineered Maintenance Strategy are warranted
- Responsible for the development of (failure) codes for the WO system.
Asset Test Procedures (Return to Service)
- Develops specific procedures for verification of an assets fitness for return to service
- Verifies return-to-service procedures were performed.
Failure Investigation RCA & RCFA
- Leads the Root Cause Analysis effort as a part of a proactive strategy.
- Leads the Root Cause Analysis effort for sporadic failures (typically uses Logic Tree incident analysis).
- Develops specific operational procedure changes to help mitigate future system failures.
- Catalogues and databases the RCA/RCFSA results and subsequent items.
- Analyzes plant wide failure data and downtime scenarios to calculate relevant trigger points for RCFA.
Technical Support of Daily Maintenance Effort
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance supervisors, planners and crafts personnel in the form of specific, technical data on system configuration and performance.
Asset Hierarchy and Technical Specifications
- Responsible for the design of the plant asset hierarchy.
- Responsible for the design and management of the asset criticality database and the failure modes criticality database.
- Develops and utilizes specific metrics for the process, system, asset and component reliability.
- Develops the preventive maintenance strategy for the stored spares.
- Develops a testing strategy incoming new and rebuilt spares.
- Develops a testing strategy for OEM testing compliance.
Reliability Centered Design
- Applies reliability analysis methods to new designs to determine the process, system, asset and component reliability.
- Determines single-point failures.
- Reviews and/or develops commissioning procedures for new system, asset and component design.
- Reviews and/or develops strategies for OEM warranty issues and claims.
- Reviews and/or develops machinery modification plans to deal with single-point failure scenarios.
- Develops specific maintenance and operational start-up procedures for new installations.
- Responsible to develop/review new equipment purchase specifications for reliability and maintainability.
- Uses reliability analysis tools to determine operational reliability of systems, assets and components.
- Helps determine the QA/QC test points and procedures to maximize operational reliability.
- Aides in the development of alarms designed to determine and verify acceptable operations.
- Develop assessment activities centered on operability and performance optimization.
- Develops operator care tasks as a part of the Equipment Maintenance Strategy.
- Responsible for performing quantitative analysis on new projects/strategies and determining project/strategies viability based on corporate values and standards.
- Analyzes process and/or failure data to determine the need for improved craft skills
- Identifies/conducts/arranges technical training for PdM/NDT personnel.
Conducts/arranges general reliability training for all plant personnel.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or five years Plant Engineering Management experience in a foam manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Polyurethane Foam Processing.
- Working knowledge of budgets and financial statements..
Tracking Code: 4672-015
Job Location: Selma, Alabama, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular