Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35816
Perkins Technical Services, Inc.
Location: Huntsville, AL
Salary Range $57,500 $76,000 (based on qualifications and experience)
The Senior Accountant is responsible for moderate accounting work in support of operations at Perkins Technical Services, Inc. (PTS). The senior accountant reports to the Controller.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Assist the Controller with the daily, monthly, and year end operations of the Accounting Department.
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with PTS policies and procedures.
Review expense coding to ensure contract compliance.
- Review and process travel claims to ensure travel costs have been appropriately reported and adequately supported in accordance with the companys travel policy.
- Review and process timecards to ensure that labor activities are appropriately recorded and accurately imported from the timekeeping system into the general ledger.
- Other accounting duties as determined necessary by the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide solutions through critical thinking.
- Strong writing and organizational skill set
- Intermediate Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Active learning and listening skills
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees must have the ability to see, hear and speak.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, requiring a 40-hour work week, Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
No travel is expected for this position.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Perkins Technical Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.
Only candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be considered.
Please send resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.