Machinist III (YUL2042_COMPANY_1.4)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
This position will be responsible for the operation of machining centers. This position will require the machinist to edit programs, as needed, in order to increase productivity. Must be able to identify programing errors during machine set up. Must be able to work independently and have the ability to train less experienced machinist. The Machinist III must be able to identify fixturing needs and tooling requirements. The machinist may be required to create complex CNC programs in SurfCAM software.
• Machine simple to complex parts composed of various mediums such as aluminum, steel, stainless, bronze, etc.
• Parts are to be created per customer requirements, manufacturer’s specifications, blueprints, schematics, etc.
• Must ensure the raw material is IAW job routers and tech data.
• Ensure safety mechanisms such as guards and shields are on machines and are functional prior to operating machinery
• Use equipment such as drill presses, milling machines or lathes
• Use of other hand and power tools applicable to the trade will be required.
• May be required to move materials throughout the machine shop either by hand or using lifting assistance equipment
• Properly position metal on equipment and ensure measurements are accurate prior to cutting.
• Regulates machining by utilizing machine instrumentation knowledge and requirements, setting and adjusting controls to meet production needs
• Meet production deadlines by adhering to manufacturing schedule
• Perform post manufacturing inspection to ensure quality standards and other specifications have been met.
• Interpret and apply MIL-SPEC standards
• Perform all duties safely utilizing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as gloves, goggles, face shields, etc.
• Maintains a safe working environment by following all safety procedures and keeping work area clean and free of clutter/debris
• Machinist will assist less experienced operators with best machine practices and set up when required.
• Troubleshoot machines and tools for operational deficiencies. Perform emergency repairs when required
• Use of multi-axis Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) milling machines will be required with the knowledge of 4th and 5th axis machining operations by using rotary trunnion on 3 axis machines.
• Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Beginner to intermediate computer skills in order to complete timecards and data entry into software databases
• Ability to learn new computer software programs associated with machine programming
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, blueprints, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and other staff.
• Must be trustworthy in order to handle confidential information routinely.
• Ability to follow a process safely and efficiently
• Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista goals.
• Ability to perform basic and intermediate mathematical computations. Must be able to convert measurements into different units.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High School Diploma, a trade school certificate or Equivalent a minimum of 15 years CNC machining experience or 5 Years of SurfCAM programming experience along with 10 additional years of CNC milling experience
• 30 + Years of manual machining may supersede the minimum requirement of CNC experience
• Machinist III must be able to set up a CNC center to perform machining on complex parts utilizing 3, 4, and 5 axis mills or lathes
• Must be able to edit CNC programs at the machine
• Must be able to hold tight tolerances with various metal types
• Ability to pass a drug and background screening
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
12 hour shifts, 3 working days and 4 off days. Rotating Schedule every 3 months. Shift premiums applicable
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.