MS Project Server Engineer (AER0003F9) - ERC (2155)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35806
The Project Server Administrator supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract with work at Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, Alabama. The candidate will:
Be responsible for managing a SharePoint 2013 multi-tenant Project Server 2013 application enabled environment and a SharePoint 2016 multi-tenant Project Server 2016 system.
Provide support for multiple instances of Project Server
Provide assistance to Project Server instance administrators and Program Control for portfolio and reporting development.
Be responsible for a complex high-demand multi-tenant secure Project Server application enabled SharePoint 2013/SharePoint 2016 environment.
Be responsible for the installation, configuration, operations, and management of the SharePoint farm supporting the project server instances.
Implement system upgrades and patching; Server Operating System, SharePoint, Project Server, IA compliance and related application components. Troubleshoots and resolves SharePoint/Project Server issues.
Proactively monitor server and application event logs.
Provide application-level support and administration to include managing permissions.
Configure MS Project SharePoint sites as required and assists local administrators.
Provide recommendations and best practices to the Project Server community.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience managing and administering SharePoint.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016 and web servers.
- Experience deploying patches to Windows Operating Systems.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Must have a CompTIA Security+ or other DoD 8570 IAT II certification.
- 2 years of experience managing and administering Project Server.
- 1 year of experience in a project management role.
- Experience with Project Web Access and connected project sites.
- Experience with the Microsoft Project Professional client.
- Experience administering a multi-server, load-balanced Project Server environment.
- Experience troubleshooting SharePoint and database issues.
- Experience with several of the following a plus: configuring/managing web sites/applications using IIS 8.5/10; SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS); BMC Remedy.