Journeyman Mechanical Designer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35808
i3 has an opening for a Journeyman Mechanical Designer to lead coordination and integration of inputs from multiple subsystem IPTs to create a 3-D model of a complex high-speed wind tunnel. Work in a team of mechanical design technicians utilizing 3-D computer aided design (CAD) tools to create component and system designs supporting model development and associated fabrication drawings for Department of Defense large scale test equipment. Develop manufacturing models and drawings meeting ASME Standard formats to support technical data packages. Perform drawing checks for parts and assemblies for design revisions and to meet program standards. Interact with design engineers and mechanical engineering lead in direct support of manufacturing facilities to enable integrated design optimization.
- A minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Computer Aided Design Discipline.
- 5-14 years of experience.
- Experience with SolidWorks CAD software and SolidWorks PDM for components and assemblies. Other CAD software experience will be evaluated.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor software.
- Must have a Solid understanding of manufacturing processes, ASME standards including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Drawing Standards for level II and level III Technical Data Packages (TDP’s)
- Familiarity with large industrial equipment, Steel and Aluminum weldments and structural steel a plus
- Experience with drawing checks for standards a plus
Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance desired
Business Unit: HPFD
Clearance: Secret Preferred
Location : Location: US-AL-Huntsville