Debt Collections Agent
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Hoover, AL 35244
Agents must contact consumers by phone to attempt collection of money owed by adhering to all laws as well policies by utilizing computer system and software to record data collected through phone conversations with consumer. Other duties may be assigned if clients requires.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- The ability to read and interpret documents such as collection laws, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively to consumers and other employees of the organization is required.
- Basic math skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide as well as the ability to perform these operations using units of American money is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative if those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Over 2/3 of the on-the-job time is spent sitting, using hands and fingers for keyboarding, talking, and hearing. Clear vision is necessary for reading the computer screen. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.