Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Florence, AL 35630
*The Retail Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day functions of the front end of the store. Uphold company standards throughout all customer and donor areas of the store (inside, outside, sales floor, cash registers, etc.). Remain aware of customer and donor needs. Monitoring and ensuring fast, accurate and friendly service at the cash registers. The RS’s supervision takes the form of hand-on auditing, quality control checking and side-by-side involvement in the work to observe, assess, train and coach performance, as well as set an example for the pace of work and will contribute to the productivity of the department. The RS links every action to productivity and business results. The RS is guided by America’s Thrift Stores vision and Core Values.
Responsibilities for the Retail Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following actions:
1. Supervision: Direct and supervise the work of departmental production team members. Inform team members of operating plan targets and progress against targets. Assist with recruiting, selective and training team members. Provide regular observation, interaction, and coaching of team members. Help with team member counseling and performance reviews. Fulfill manager on duty responsibilities. Provide effective onboarding of new team members.
2. Front End Operations: Supervise cash register operations to ensure a quick, accurate and positive experience for customers. Call for additional cashiers and customer/donor help when needed. Process exchanges, special customer needs, and team member purchases. Run register and/or bag merchandise as needed. Ensure fitting rooms are well operated and service meets standards. Control cash & tender. Perform morning accounting and banking procedures as assigned.
3. Customer/Donor Service: Receive and respond to customer/donor questions, requests and complaints. Deliver a positive and unforgettable customer/donor experience by setting the example, training and coaching customer service expectations of team members. Also ensure high standards of merchandise freshness, condition pricing and shop-ability. May be called upon to assist Store Manager with the set-up of sales and marketing promotions & programs. Assist donors per Company standards.
4. Team Member Engagement: Maintain respectful, values-driven workplace. Use open communication tools and convert team member input into meaningful action. Bring complaints to the attention of Assistant Store Manager, or General Manager, in order to resolve issues consistent with America’s Thrift Stores values, policies and procedures. Capable of performing all duties required of team members. Provide recognition and candid feedback about performance and behaviors.
5. Loss Prevention and Safety: Protect company assets and information by ensuring their safe handling, security and integrity. Proactively promote loss prevention awareness by upholding procedures and ensuring policies are in place. Maintain a safe work environment through education, consistent follow up, ensuring policies and procedures are in place, and supporting the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
6. In the absence of the Assistant Store Manager, oversees the production process and team in accordance with all policies, procedures, regulations and laws. This includes implementing and administering company programs, policies and procedures. Make decisions and takes reasonable action in the absence of the Assistant Store Manager. Performs any other task, function or responsibility as instructed by their immediate supervisor and/or superior manager of the company.
Benefits for all employees!
• Starting wage of $13.00 per hour.
• 50 cent raise after 90 days for those who meet performance standards.
• Additional 50 cent raise after 180 days for those who meet performance standards
• EVERY employee is bonus eligible after 90 days!! (A $9.50 per hour employee working an average of 30 hours per week could earn a quarterly bonus of $100-$180.
• Great Employee Referral Program
• Employee Discounts
• Christmas Bonus
• Employee Service Awards
The application process is two steps:
1. Apply on our website by following this link: https://nowhiring.com/americasthriftstores/job-details/547990658
2. Apply in person at the Job Fair between Monday, February 24 – Friday, February 28 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The job fair is being held at the Residence Inn by Marriott, 1000 Sweetwater Avenue, Florence, AL 35630 (located next door to Bentley Chevrolet). A second job fair will be held Monday, March 2nd Friday, March 6th from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Residence Inn by Marriott.
Please complete the online application before attending the job fair!
America’s Thrift Stores new location will be opening on April 30, 2020!
Located at 990 Cox Creek Pkwy, Florence, AL 35630
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.