Training Manager (YUL0201_COMPANY_1.1)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Training Manager devises the organizational training strategy, oversees its implementation and assess its outcomes.
• Identifies and assesses future and current training needs through job analysis, career paths, annual performance appraisals and consultation with managers.
• Deploys a wide variety of training methods
• Conducts effective induction and orientation sessions
• Monitors and evaluates training program’s effectiveness, success and Return On Investment
• Manages training budget
• Provides opportunities for ongoing employee development
• Maintains a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
• The Training Manager may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This job will direct day to day work flow of Training employees. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Advanced computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc. Must represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
• Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
• Must possess effective oral and technical written communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
• Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
• High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task
• BA / BS, with 5+ years training developing, leading and maintaining and LMS
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at WWW.YULISTA.COM, click on career opportunities.