Director of Operation & Sustainment (YTAC0021)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Huntsville, AL 35824
The Director of Operations and Sustainment is responsible for the coordination and oversight of manned and unmanned programs and opportunities.
• Plan, organize, direct, and manage day-to-day operations for the division
• Interface with customers, vendors and suppliers on a routine basis. Maintain open lines of communication to ensure efficient conflict resolution. Continue to foster established business relationships, while cultivating new potential customers and contacts
• Work with Program Managers and Holding Company to ensure that activities are scheduled appropriately for on time customer delivery and completion of task. Effectively remove operational constraints, and reallocate resources when necessary to resolve scheduling conflicts
• Actively participate in site property management system. Review production / project schedules to ensure established inventory levels are met while limiting spoilage. Communicate with property personnel to requisition high dollar / high complexity components.
• Work within approved budgetary parameters
• Develop and implement cost saving measures while maintaining product and service integrity
• Analyze and monitor workforce requirements. Coordinate the hiring and training of division personnel
• Work closely with the Compliance Department to ensure adherence to ISO/AS9100/110 Safety & Quality policies
• Conduct performance appraisals and provide discipline, mentoring and guidance to employees
• Address employee issues or grievances in a timely manner. Coordinate efforts with Human Resources Department when necessary
• Delegate work assignments appropriately. Set expectations and monitor delegated activities and performance
• Communicate with all managers regarding division or site performance, issues and concerns on a regular basis
• Identify and capture new opportunities that enable positive new business and organic growth for the division
• Effectively manage the division’s P&L objectives
This job has multiple direct reports and supervisory responsibilities. This position supervises employees on a daily basis. The Director has final decision-making authority regarding interviewing, hiring, terminating, performance reviews and performance corrections. This position has the authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Ability to manage a geographically diverse workforce CONUS/OCONUS
• Experienced in managing a total workforce of over 150 fulltime employees
• Experience in positive organic growth of existing contracts
• Advanced computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs.
• Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with external contacts such as customers, vendors, suppliers, shipping companies, etc.
• Must be trustworthy – will handle confidential information routinely
• Effective communication skills to effectively and clearly communicate complex information to others as well as to present information in front of a group.
• Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, etc.
• Ability to follow a process.
• Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data and consider decision impact across multiple areas.
• Strong decision analysis and problem-solving skills; ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management and regulatory agencies
• Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista’s goals.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical computations, detect unobvious facts and issues, and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
• Must be able to work independently and stay on task with minimal supervision
• Ability to multi-task.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 10-15 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Well-developed communication, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills.
• Capable of championing compliance to quality management systems and governmental regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to lead profitable business units.
• Experience with Government subcontracting and overall management of contracts
• Must have 5-10 years of Unmanned system experience
• Must have Top Secret US DoD Clearance
• Familiar with operating under and ISO/AS9100/9110 environment
• Experience in managing geographically diverse workforce CONUS/OCONUS
• Experience in managing a total workforce of over 150 fulltime employees
Yulista offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.