Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Opelika, AL 36803
Job Title: Equipment Operator
Hours of Availability: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm
Closing Date: April 6, 2020
Position Announcement: ROADS09-20-03
Work Location: Lee County, AL
Reports to: Highway Supervisor
Pay Range: $34,965.11-$52,797.31
JOB SUMMARY: This position operates equipment in support of construction, maintenance, and repair projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operates a pot-hole patching truck, brush cutter, or soil compactor; repairs cracks, potholes, broken edges, and large dips of paved roads.
• Operates tractors, including bush hogs, side mowers, and other less complex equipment.
• Performs routine repairs and maintenance on assigned equipment; changes oil, repairs and replaces tires, and makes welding repairs.
• Loads patch truck with gravel and tar.
• Cleans vehicles and equipment.
• Completes safety inspections prior to operating equipment; operates equipment according to safety guidelines.
• Assists in traffic control at work sites.
• Performs other duties consistent with those in the class of Public Service Worker II.
• Performs pre-start-up inspections; maintains an awareness of all activity around assigned equipment and practices defensive driving when in pedestrian and vehicle traffic; takes shortest and safest routes possible in transportation operations while obeying all traffic laws.
• Removes trees, tree limbs, litter and debris from County’s rights-of-way; performs physical duties associated with natural disasters and other emergencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of traffic hazards, safety principles, rules, regulations and speed limits.
• Skill in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Knowledge of county and department regulations, policies and procedures.
• Some High School education and one (1) year of related experience. Possession of a valid Commercial, Class A or B, State issued driver’s license.
Applicants should apply at the Alabama State Employment Office or the Lee County Commission Office
(215 South 9th Street, Opelika, Alabama) Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Previous applicants should reapply. For more information visit: www.leeco.us.
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline, and discharge in all eligible job groups without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation or genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described in accordance to Subtitle A of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12131).