Public Service Worker II
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Opelika, AL 36803
Job Title: Public Service Worker II
Hours of Availability: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm
Closing Date: April 6, 2020
Position Announcement: Roads09-20-03
Work Location: Lee County, AL
Reports to: Highway Supervisor
Pay Range: $33,300.10-$50,283.15
JOB SUMMARY: This position performs duties in a variety of public works construction, maintenance, and repair projects. This position is distinguished from that of Public Services Worker I by the operation of commercial vehicles in addition to the functions of Public Services Worker I.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Loads and unloads gravel, dirt, timber, pipe and other materials, tools, and equipment.
• Hauls materials for road construction.
• Spreads asphalt and patches holes in street surfaces; digs and resets manhole covers.
• Mows grass and trims shrubs and bushes.
• Installs silt fences and other materials for erosion control.
• Operates dump trucks, low-boys, bush hogs, mowers, chainsaws, air hammers, mud jacks, pumps, mixers, trimmers, tractors, and other equipment.
• Removes and installs fences.
• Removes trees, tree limbs, litter and debris from County’s rights-of-way; performs physical duties associated with natural disasters and other emergencies.
• Performs masonry work as necessary.
• Performs pre-start-up inspections; maintains an awareness of all activity around assigned equipment; practices defensive driving when in pedestrian and vehicle traffic; takes shortest and safest routes possible in transportation operations while obeying all traffic laws.
• Knowledge of road construction, maintenance and repair activities.
• Knowledge of the safe use and operation of assigned equipment.
• Knowledge of the maintenance of assigned equipment.
• Knowledge of traffic hazards, safety principles, rules, regulations and speed limits.
• Some High School education and one (1) year of related experience, or equivalent. Possession of a valid Commercial Class A or B, State issued driver’s license.
Applicants should apply at the Alabama State Employment Office or the Lee County Commission Office
(215 South 9th Street, Opelika, Alabama) Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM. Previous applicants should reapply. For more information visit: www.leeco.us.
Lee County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline, and discharge in all eligible job groups without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation or genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described in accordance to Subtitle A of Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. 12131).